An open letter to my old boss.


I always wanted to tell you how thankful I am for the opportunity that you have given me. For the trust and when you said that you see something different in me. For telling me how you think that I have a strong personality and not everyone can understand me but you do. For always complementing me every time you have the chance. All of it were first for me.

But I always wanted to also tell you how I was hurt and disappointed as how you treat not just me, but every other people and the responsibility you should be facing. I looked up to you and it all just came crashing down when I met the real you. When I met how pretentious and cunning you are. How all of the things we saw on the surface isn't really you.

I believe that no one is perfect, and that I have my flaws too. And maybe, it was my fault for expecting too much and hoping too much. I was too innocent to be fooled. I learned so much about how ruthless the industry for people like me, like us, whom you just discarded like a trash the moment that our purpose already served you.

I always hated how you point fingers instead of answering questions and owning up to your mistakes and responsibilities. I hated how much you promise things you never really intent to fulfill and when the other person asks you why, you'll just shrug your shoulders and tell them 'It happens' and to let it be. I hate how you impose this certain persona you want people to see you with. How you value more in marketing yourself rather than the ones who needs it. I hated how you make everyone feels so helpless with your power.

I hated how you never listens, how you always wants to talk and others to listen to you. How you just pretend to listen but you never really do it. I hated how you want to talk about other people's life, how you want the people under you to obey you and ditch them when the worst come to worst. I hate how you always to make it seems like everything is easy just because you're not the one under fire for it.

Too much hate and I have come to this.

I just became numb. I never wanted to remember even being a part of working under you even though it should be memorable. 

But I still want to thank you. It make me stronger. It made my eyes open to things like this. My innocence is long gone and I know I can be better.

The word professional just became another word for me and I also need to thank you for that.

Post a Comment

0 Comments